Friday, October 22, 2010

Questions For Reading and Writing. "Let Teen-agers Try Adulthood"

Analyze Botstein's proposal for restructuring American high schools.  Has he anicipated all of the objections you can think of? If not, what has he missed? How feasible does his solution seem to you?

I dont think Botein's propoal fro restructuring high schools isnt feasible at all. I dont think that 6th and 7th graders should be able to go high school after that grade level because,  I dont believe their brains are  developed well enough do understand some of the complex work that comes with high school. Another reason why I dont think kids should be graduating high school at 16 because, I dont think their mature enough to handle college or work next adults in the working field.

1 comment:

  1. HI De'Angelo,

    While you only answer one of the questions, "How feasible does his solution seem to you?" let's examine this further. You write,

    I dont think Botein's propoal fro restructuring high schools isnt feasible at all. I dont think that 6th and 7th graders should be able to go high school after that grade level because, I dont believe their brains are developed well enough do understand some of the complex work that comes with high school. Another reason why I dont think kids should be graduating high school at 16 because, I dont think their mature enough to handle college or work next adults in the working field."

    Based on your experiences, why should we not remove middle school? I think that you raise a good point about not having the mental capacity to go onto HS. Let's go further. Tell us why.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete